The Motueka Power Boat Club Inc. (MPBC) marina facilities are perfectly located to access the fishing spots of Tasman / Golden Bay’s and the beautiful beaches of the Abel Tasman.
The MPBC was first registered as an incorporated society under the Incorporated Societies Act 1908 on the 28th October 1964.
Boat ramps previously constructed by the MPBC include the Ramps at Kaiteriteri, Port Motueka opposite Jackets Island and Riwaka.
Consents for the current facilities at Port Motueka were first started in 1994.
6 x consents were obtained in 1997, with excavation of the channel / marina basin commencing in 1998, along with the reclamation and construction of the current boat ramp launching facilities.
A further 5 x consents were sought in 2000 and finally granted in 2002. Included in these consents were:
- 100 x berths
- Excavation of the channel and marina basin to a depth of -2.5m below 0.00 datum
- Reclamation of a further 2000m2 of the foreshore.
Work commenced in 2002 on the further excavation / reclamation.
Work commenced in 2008 on the first 40 x berths with some berths being occupied later that year.
In 2016 the paper work commenced for the renewal of 3 x previously expired consents which the club received early in 2018.
October 2018 work commenced on the excavation of the remaining 30,000m3 to complete the marina berths basin.