Hi to all fellow boaties large and small.
It’s been quite some time since there has been an update from the committee so here goes.
- Quick reminder – subs are now due before the 1st October 2018 or your card will be deactivated. This will set you back an additional $20-00 to have it re-activated.
- New chip seal has been laid around the north western side of the car park area. Soon to have the white lines painted for vehicles with trailers on to park there.
- New committee has been voted in at our AGM held in August.
- Small pennant flags displaying the MPBC logo are now available – contact the secretary on 027 6037210.
- In addition to the existing barrier arm card reader, an additional bank card reader is about to be installed for the casual users.
- ALL LAUNCH / YACHT – BERTH USERS: i.e. any vehicle without a boat trailer. As the fishing season is upon us, please park your vehicles either outside the barrier arm but still within the MPBC marina complex or adjacent to the coffee van. In addition, parking will also be made available inside the marina complex against the guard rail barrier running along Wharf Road up to where the maintenance compound starts. If you are not sure where to park, contact the secretary or the marina supervisor on 027 6633995.
- A local contractor has been sourced to continue with the marina basin excavation. At this stage with a little bit of luck, work is planned to commence mid-October.
- Both sides of the launching ramp have recently been hosed down to remove the mud.
Motueka Power Boat Club Inc.
Cell Phone: 027 6037210
Ahoy there all Motueka Power Club Salties
Just a quick note to let you know that our subs for the upcoming season 1st September 2018 to 31st August 2019 will be sent out in the next few weeks (excluding life members)
I am happy to report there is NO price increase again this year.
I will be emailing invoices out so if you don’t receive your invoice by the 15th September please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All subs not paid by 1st Oct will result in your card being deactivated and a $20.00 fee to have your card reactivated.
Thanks and Happy Boating. Angela Kenning MPBC Treasurer.
Just a note to say that all the new subs for the 2016/17 year have been either emailed or sent out so if you haven’t received yours please contact me at email@example.com or on 027 6540261
All subs must be paid by the 30th September and any that haven’t will have their cards deactivated.
To get your card working again you will need to pay your $100 sub plus another $20.00 reactivation fee, also your card may take up to 5 days to reactivate.
Also just a bit of housekeeping: if paying your sub at Bays Boating or new members that are joining up down at Bays Boating, please remember only cash or cheque is payment method there.
Thanks, Happy boating everyone.
The AGM for 2016 will be held on the 22nd August,
Sprig & Fern,
The committee look forward to seeing you there.
Luxury Boat Tour
All funds raised will support the Nelson College for Girls Sailing Team representing New Zealand at the 2015 Interdominion Championship.
A one-off opportunity to come on board some of Nelson’s finest charter and pleasure boats, based in the Nelson marina.
Tickets $25.00 from Nelson College for Girls Reception and Burnsco marine
Organiser: Toni Chittenden 027 389 1692
More information available here NCG Luxury Boat Tour
The AGM for 2015 will be held on Monday 17th August at 7.30pm
The venue for the meeting will be upstairs at the Sprig and Fern, Wallace St, Motueka.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Port Motueka Maine Services now have several trailers at Motueka which means they can cater to all your Haul out requirements
For more details contact Marc Wilson on 02102247449.
We have appointed Alan Nobel as Marina Supervisor over the summer period (and hopefully longer) You will see Alan around the Marina area on a regular basis and if you have any questions or require his assistance you can contact him on 0276633995 or via the contact us page of the website
Angela Kenning has accepted the position of Treasurer and will take over from Bruce in this role over the next few weeks. We wish Angela all the best with this role and ask that you provide her with any assistance you can during this transition.
It has been noticed that some members are dumping fish remains and other undesirable rubbish into the water in the marina and launching ramp area. The club does not condone the dumping of rubbish of any sort in this area and would appreciate it if members would either dump their filleting waste out at sea before coming into the marina area or take it home with you and dispose of it some other way. We also do not tolerate the dumping of fish waste in the rubbish bins provided at the ramp area. These bins are for normal paper plastic and tin type rubbish that you accumulate while out on your boat. We would appreciate it if everyone would try to keep the area clean and tidy and not smelly for other members to enjoy. Thanks.