Notice to all Motueka Power Boat
As you hopefully are all aware by
now the Government has announced that we are currently at COVID-19 Alert Level
now everyone should be where they are going to
spend the next 4 weeks.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy
environment for all our members and we need your help at this time to ensure
everyone stays safe
The Marina Supervisor will be available during
office hours by phone or you can email email@example.com for any concerns
you may have, but he too is trying to stay safe so please don’t go looking for
him around the marina unless it is urgent.
The floating pontoon walkway to the boats is PRIVATE
and only the people that have vessels in the marina should be using this. If
you do not have a boat in one of these berths, don’t use it.
For people going to their boats, please use
common-sense and don’t touch the handrails, if you are using the trolley make
sure you use gloves.
We also ask that you keep the recommended distance
from other marina patrons. You may not mix or mingle around with any person
that is not is your self-isolating group.
Also we do not recommend you self-isolate on your
NOTE: Coastguard has an updated notice out and we
recommend you read this,
If you have any problems please contact Alan Noble
(Marina Supervisor) 027 6633995
Take care and look after yourselves and family.
Be Kind, Be Patient, and Stay Safe.
Motueka Power Boat
Wow!!!! Summer has just past. That went quick…. Too quick.
It’s been a while
since our last AGM. The committee has been busy sourcing suppliers and getting
quotes for various aspects of the new marina upgrade. [i.e. Poles, pontoons,
instalment costs etc].
We have been revising the old original plans for the new stage of the floating marina dating back pre 2000. Since then a lot has changed, obviously pricing. But also new technology and products that may suit the new upgrade better. There has been a scan of the dredged area to check for variations in depth. There have also been inquiries made for the floating pontoons, the sizing, life time expectancy and of course pricing and instalment costs.
Well this is a bit of
an update on what’s been happening around your marina. I will write and inform
you more as things begin to happen.
Also keep an eye out
for our commodores report due to come out soon.
Happy autumn boating.
P.S. Remember the fish are still out there, they
are only getting bigger and tastier.
Regards Dick Knegt aka Media Man
Hi to all fellow boaties large and small.
It’s been quite some time since there has been an update from the committee so here goes.
- Quick reminder – subs are now due before the 1st October 2018 or your card will be deactivated. This will set you back an additional $20-00 to have it re-activated.
- New chip seal has been laid around the north western side of the car park area. Soon to have the white lines painted for vehicles with trailers on to park there.
- New committee has been voted in at our AGM held in August.
- Small pennant flags displaying the MPBC logo are now available – contact the secretary on 027 6037210.
- In addition to the existing barrier arm card reader, an additional bank card reader is about to be installed for the casual users.
- ALL LAUNCH / YACHT – BERTH USERS: i.e. any vehicle without a boat trailer. As the fishing season is upon us, please park your vehicles either outside the barrier arm but still within the MPBC marina complex or adjacent to the coffee van. In addition, parking will also be made available inside the marina complex against the guard rail barrier running along Wharf Road up to where the maintenance compound starts. If you are not sure where to park, contact the secretary or the marina supervisor on 027 6633995.
- A local contractor has been sourced to continue with the marina basin excavation. At this stage with a little bit of luck, work is planned to commence mid-October.
- Both sides of the launching ramp have recently been hosed down to remove the mud.
Motueka Power Boat Club Inc.
Cell Phone: 027 6037210
Ahoy there all Motueka Power Club Salties
Just a quick note to let you know that our subs for the upcoming season 1st September 2018 to 31st August 2019 will be sent out in the next few weeks (excluding life members)
I am happy to report there is NO price increase again this year.
I will be emailing invoices out so if you don’t receive your invoice by the 15th September please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All subs not paid by 1st Oct will result in your card being deactivated and a $20.00 fee to have your card reactivated.
Thanks and Happy Boating. Angela Kenning MPBC Treasurer.
Just a note to say that all the new subs for the 2016/17 year have been either emailed or sent out so if you haven’t received yours please contact me at email@example.com or on 027 6540261
All subs must be paid by the 30th September and any that haven’t will have their cards deactivated.
To get your card working again you will need to pay your $100 sub plus another $20.00 reactivation fee, also your card may take up to 5 days to reactivate.
Also just a bit of housekeeping: if paying your sub at Bays Boating or new members that are joining up down at Bays Boating, please remember only cash or cheque is payment method there.
Thanks, Happy boating everyone.
The AGM for 2016 will be held on the 22nd August,
Sprig & Fern,
The committee look forward to seeing you there.
Luxury Boat Tour
All funds raised will support the Nelson College for Girls Sailing Team representing New Zealand at the 2015 Interdominion Championship.
A one-off opportunity to come on board some of Nelson’s finest charter and pleasure boats, based in the Nelson marina.
Tickets $25.00 from Nelson College for Girls Reception and Burnsco marine
Organiser: Toni Chittenden 027 389 1692
More information available here NCG Luxury Boat Tour
The AGM for 2015 will be held on Monday 17th August at 7.30pm
The venue for the meeting will be upstairs at the Sprig and Fern, Wallace St, Motueka.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Port Motueka Maine Services now have several trailers at Motueka which means they can cater to all your Haul out requirements
For more details contact Marc Wilson on 02102247449.
We have appointed Alan Nobel as Marina Supervisor over the summer period (and hopefully longer) You will see Alan around the Marina area on a regular basis and if you have any questions or require his assistance you can contact him on 0276633995 or via the contact us page of the website